Challenger STEM Field Trips Options:
Simulated Space Mission SEE BRIEF VIDEO
STEM-based simulated space mission programs take place in Challenger's unique simulator Monday – Friday. Minimum number of students per simulated mission is 16; maximum number of jobs available is 32. Please let us know of any special needs in your classroom.
Field Trip Assistance may be available. Two Chaperones and the Educator are included in the price. Call for available dates/times of programs.
Teacher Training is required for all simulated space missions.
Rendezvous with a Comet 5th – 6th grades
Voyage to Mars 7th – 8th grade
Return to the Moon 9th – 12th grade
e-Mission Operation Montserrat 6th – 12th grades
e-Mission Operation Montserrat can be delivered to your classroom anytime during the school day.
Workshops are STEM-based field trips that take place for all grade levels in a Challenger classroom. Each session is designed for a classroom
with a maximum of 30 students. Two Chaperones per classroom plus the
Educator are included in the price of the program.
If additional Chaperones are needed please call to make special
Space Place: Pre-K and Kindergarten
Destination Space Place: 1st and 2nd grade
NEO Landing : 3rd through the 5th grades
Spaced Out: 6th through 8th grades
Please note: all Education Programs are facilitated by Challenger Space Center Flight Directors.
FAQ for Field trips to the Challenger Space Center Arizona
1. Is there parking space for our bus? Yes, there is plenty of free parking available for your bus. Your bus driver is invited to come and see the center while waiting for your students.
2. How do we schedule a field trip? You can schedule a field trip by calling the Challenger Space Center. More information is available on the How to schedule a workshop and how to schedule a mission pages.
3. What about lunch? The Challenger cosmic café is available for students to eat their sack lunches. Teachers and educators can include reserving lunch space for their students when making a reservation.
4. What happens when we get there? When a school group arrives at the Challenger they are met by one of our Flight Directors. A field trip to the Challenger Space Center is a hosted experience. A Flight Director will direct your students to the correct rooms.
5. Can I pay with a PO from my school? Yes. You can find more information on payment options on the reservation policy page.
6. Where are you located? Challenger Space Center is located at 21170 north 83rd Ave., in Peoria AZ, 85382. You can call 623-322-2020
7. Have a question this FAQ doesn't answer? Contact us at 623-322-2020